Let’s break down the anatomy of Bentley® OpenCities™ Planner.
The Project Editor is cloud-software rich with features for building urban planning and infrastructure projects in real 3D worlds. Collaborate internally, use advanced planning tools, or publish projects to Public Views – targeting devices from large touch-tables to budget mobiles.
This is where your visions are realized. Use simple and advanced features to edit and customize models and geo-data directly in a live preview of the public interface. Edit maps, perform analytic tasks, customize the interface, co-operate, and publish.
Once you’ve completed a project there are several ways to share it with external stakeholders or the public-at-large. Publishing options include standard web and mobile interfaces, a desktop application optimized for large-format touch-screens, and even virtual reality – a solution for every use case.
Publishing a standard website – any modern web browser can stream 3D projects directly to your audience, without need for plugins or downloads.
A dedicated mobile interface caters to a modern public. Optimize communication with the residents by designing projects mobile-first.
360° Panorama allows for targeting markets with data limits and lower end devices. It supports Google Cardboard for cost-effective virtual reality and allows administrators to develop on-the-rails 3D experiences.
Showroom is a desktop application designed for exhibitions and touch-screens. Internet connectivity is not required, projects are downloaded to a local computer. High-end performance showcases your projects.
Virtual Reality – where the Real World meets the 3D World. Supporting HTC Vive and Oculus Rift, publish projects as fully immersive 3D experiences for internal planning and public exhibitions alike.
Reports & Analysis
- Create Shadow Reports as a PDF or Images
- Export Video in 4K and 360°
- Export High-Resolution Screenshots for Print and Publicity
- Export 360° Panorama Images
- Export 3D Data from Massive City Models
- Elevation Rendering Tool
- Measure Distance, Height, and Area
Project Content Support
- Global OpenStreetMap 3D Datasets
- Lots of OpenStreetMap Styles, including Optional Terrain and Buildings
- Import Vector Data, Draw on Terrain, Extrude to 3D Volumes from Selected Attributes
- Add and Configure WMS Layers
- Manipulate Terrain and Virtual Demolition of Existing Buildings
- Embed Websites and Multimedia in Points of Interest & Detailed Information Windows
- Add Custom Search Databases
- Build Highly Customizable Questionnaires
- Crowdsource Urban Planning Ideas, Civic Problem Reporting, and More
- Custom Questions with Multiple Choice & Single Option Response Support
- Configure 3D Drawing Tools, Study Satisfaction, Request Attachments, Collect Demographics, and More
- Export Responses as PDF, Shape, and Excel Files
- Generate Automatic E-mail Notifications on Form Submissions
- Connect Projects in a Unified View via Portals
- Organize Content into Groups & Layers
- Invite Team Members to View or Collaborate
- Match Your Graphical Profile with Customizable Palettes, Logos, Icons, and Typography
- Configurable User Roles with Different Access & Editing Privileges
- Scalable Price Model, Suits All Organization Types
Showrooms & Virtual Reality
- Desktop Application for Showrooms & Exhibitions
- Full-Featured V.R. Experience in Massive City Models
- Mobile V.R. with Cardboard
- Content Always Synchronized Online
- No Installations, Plugin-free – Just Use a Web Browser!
- Cloud Service, Get Started Today